For this final post, I shall just show some photos I missed out earlier. This is a road very near to Hoan Kiem Lake. Roads are not easy to cross in Hanoi unless you know the trick, but surprisingly this road was pretty easy to get across.
This photo is a little blur but I just want to bring your attention to the word "Pho" on the road sign. This word "Pho" has nothing to do with the famous Vietnamese noodle soup although it is spelt the same. This "Pho" means street and it is pronounced as 'foh' with an uptrailing accent, whereas the noodle soup "Pho" is pronounced differently as 'fur' without the r.
This is a huge bookshop located along Trang Tien Street. I went inside and browsed for half an hour. Yes, only half an hour as most of the books were not in English. LOL.
Kem Trang Tien is an ice cream shop - an extraordinary one, because I felt it was more like a car workshop than an ice cream shop! This is where the locals go for their ice cream. I did not get to taste the ice cream during this trip, but managed to do so during my 2015 trip, so expect a blog post on Kem Trang Tien in the future.
By the way, can you see a panda image on the Kem Trang Tien signboard? Now you know why I must return to this shop on my second trip to Hanoi? LOL!
The Hotel Metropole Hanoi, one of the high class hotels located at the French Quarter. Perhaps one day I will stay inside this hotel, maybe for just one night. It will definitely burn a hole in my pocket, but it might just be worth it!
Initially, I wanted to blog about this nice little cafe called Joma Bakery Cafe but all the photos I took did not quite make the cut due to the dim lighting inside. Oh well, I visited lots of cafes during my 2015 Hanoi trip (although I did not revisit Joma Bakery Cafe) so I shall blog about Hanoi cafes in future - stay tuned!
The Hanoi Central Post Office known as Buu Dien Ha Noi. I did not go inside. Maybe I should have. Looks like there are still many places to explore in Hanoi. Perhaps I will make another trip to Hanoi again next year. Who knows?
With this, I shall bid good bye to Hanoi. If you miss any of my Hanoi posts, here is the complete list in chronological order.
1. My First Day In Hanoi With Hanoikids (Part 1)
2. My First Day In Hanoi With Hanoikids (Part 2)
3. My First Day In Hanoi With Hanoikids (Part 3)
4. My Lunch @ New Day Restaurant In Hanoi
5. My Visit To Heritage House @ Ma May Street
6. My Visit To Kim Ngan Temple In Hanoi
7. A Rainy Afternoon At Hanoi Soul Cafe
8. A Morning Stroll Around Hoan Kiem Lake In Hanoi
9. My Visit To Ngoc Son Temple @ Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi
10. Ba Dinh Square And Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum In Hanoi
11. Ho Chi Minh Museum And The One Pillar Pagoda In Hanoi
12. My Vietnamese Lunch At KOTO Restaurant
13. My Visit To The Temple Of Literature In Hanoi
14. My Tour Of The Creepy Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton)
15. St Joseph's Cathedral In Hanoi
16. Watching The Water Puppets At Thang Long Theatre
17. My Very First Halong Bay Cruise (Part 1)
18. My Very First Halong Bay Cruise (Part 2)
19. My Stay At The Rising Dragon Palace Hotel In Hanoi
20. My Trip To Perfume Pagoda In Vietnam (Part 1)
21. My Trip To Perfume Pagoda In Vietnam (Part 2)
22. Spending My Morning At Vietnam National Fine Arts Museum
23. My Visit To Phu Tay Ho In Hanoi
24. My Visit To Kim Lien Pagoda At West Lake, Hanoi
25. My Visit To Tran Quoc Pagoda At West Lake, Hanoi
26. The B-52 Bomber At Huu Tiep Lake In Hanoi
27. The Amazing Vietnam Museum Of Ethnology
28. A Disappointing Dinner At Cha Ca La Vong In Hanoi