I could not log into my Gmail account, could not access the Entrecard website, and could not analyse my traffic at StatCounter. All because of an outage at The Planet data centre?
For the first time since I started this blog, and my very first attempt too, I just came to this realization about myself - I AM A BLOG ADDICT.
It's true. Now tell me if I'm not addicted to blogging. Here are my symptoms:
1. Feeling frustrated for not able to access my Gmail account, Entrecard website and StatCounter as stated above (Those people who are doing everything they can to solve the problem at The Planet better solve it within these few days cos I don't know how much longer I can last in such condition!)
2. Miss my favourite reality TV show Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" just to read a few more blogs. (Who says a blog addict is someone who only likes to write blogs? It also applies to one who likes to read other people's blogs!)
3. I dream about blogging and hitting the one million mark like Tun Dr Mahathir in my sleep every night. (Oh yes, dream on!)
4. I turn down an invitation to a friend's wedding dinner all because I rather spend the time at home blogging on my computer. (Can you blame me if I know for sure a Chinese wedding dinner in Malaysia always start two hours late? Like Lydia Teh said in her book, "Honk! If You're Malaysian" we practise MRT aka Malaysian Rubber Time)
5. I think about what to blog and getting inspiration in the weirdest of times, like when I'm talking to my boring neighbour, sitting in the toilet, walking the treadmill in the gym, making love etc.etc. (you get the picture)
6. I am already late for my appointment with my dentist but I still make a last desperate attempt to check for any incoming comments on my blog although I just checked it 30 minutes ago.
7. The first thing that I do when I switch on my computer is to go straight to my blog. Everything else is secondary.
8. I do not mind delaying a trip to the toilet to answer nature's call just to read up on a few more blogs. (My doctor told me it's not healthy to delay the toilet trips so I better take his advice seriously)
9. My handphone bills have reduced drastically because I prefer to talk less and blog more. (Not a bad thing, I think)
10. I prefer my friends communicate with me by writing comments on my blog rather than calling, sms or visit me in person. And when I do meet up with them , the first thing I say is "Did you read my blog?"
So, am I a confirmed blog addict? You tell me!
Will BA help?
Oh, by the way, BA stands for Bloggers Anonymous.